FREQUENTLY ASK QUESTIONS (FAQ)
This is a mountainous region which acts as a source of water.
- Identification of wetland and biodiversity hotspots
- Mapping of the water tower
- Resource Assessment-Total Economic Valuation
- Preparation of the Management Plan (s)
- Demarcation of boundaries
- Finally, the Gazettment
- Charcoal burning
- Agricultural Expansion
- Forests fire
- Unplanned Settlements
- Loss of wealth
- Successive crop failure
- Climatic Change
- Diminished of Kenya Natural Capital.
It has reduced forest cover from 12% in 1960s to 4% in the 1980s to 6.9% currently. This has largely affected the Kenya forest ecosystem and its ability to provide critical ecosystem.
KWTA aims to improve the quality and quantity of ecosystems services provided by Kenya’s water towers .KWTA main objectives is to secure Kenya’s water supply for the present and future generations as there is no life without water. Kenya also focuses on achieving the sustainable development goals and Kenya’s vision 2030 not forgetting the Government Big Four Agenda.